Google My Business Optimization
Your Google My Business Listing
Formally known as Google+ for businesses, it’s a bit of a double-edged sword. While not nearly as well-known as Yelp, Google My Business is guaranteed to pop up when someone is searching Google for your business. Pay special attention to this channel.
If you do nothing else, you should go to Google My Business and claim and complete your business listing for EACH location:
- Decide on your N-A-P (name, address, phone number). It is important that it is consistent across the web. The NAP that you use here should be the same as the one that appears on your website and other business listings.
- It is recommended that you include a local number whenever possible
- Choose your category(ies) carefully. Google recommends choosing the onethat is best for your business, however, some businesses do require more than one. If you are having a tough time finding the right category, this tool may help.
- Fill out your profile as completely as possible. Include your product/service and location-based keywords in your profile.
- Include photographs of you, employees, logo, building, etc. Use quality photographs. Need a photographer? Try a Google Trusted Photographer.
- Include accurate and up-to-date business hours